Resale Center Advocate
Assist the community as a passionate, customer-service focused Resale Center Advocate where all proceeds support survivors of domestic violence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Advocates for survivors of domestic violence in daily work and remains informed of domestic violence issues by attending in-service trainings.
- Follows procedures and confidentiality for all clients and services offered by the organization.
- Greets customers on the sales floor and assists them by determining the type, quality, and quantity of merchandise desired.
- Answers basic questions about merchandise.
- Sorts and places merchandise on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, etc.
- Receives payments, makes change, and issues receipts or tickets to customers. Operates the credit card machine as a form of payment.
- Wraps and/or bags merchandise for customers.
- Assists with coordinating the appearance of store which includes, store window displays, lighting, cleaning, and working with volunteers.
- Performs job responsibilities to maintain an atmosphere of cohesiveness.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director, or Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One to three months related experience and/or training, preferable.
The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to write routine reports and correspondence as needed. The ability to speak effectively before groups of people including customers and/or employees daily.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel merchandise; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.