Micah’s Place is looking for the right candidates to staff our growing organization. We are looking for an Outreach Advocate to provide crisis assistance, court advocacy and intervention services to survivors of domestic violence. This position will also provide community education and take part in awareness events.
We are seeking individuals with compassion, strong interpersonal skills, empathy, self-motivation, and willingness to work as a team in our 24-hour emergency shelter.
Benefits: (Yes, you get to do amazing work with great benefits!) Benefits will be provided to this position which will consist of:
Medical Benefits: (currently $111/month for the base plan for FL residents, and 100 % company paid Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after 1st 30-day calendar month). Employees have the option to purchase dependent health insurance coverage. Company paid access to Teladoc for medical and mental health services.
Paid Time Off & Holidays: Full-time staff will accrue PTO per pay period based on number of years of employment starting at 20 – 8-hour days. We also offer 9 holidays. Time worked on a holiday is paid at twice the regular rate of pay.
Working Hours: Normal hours are Monday – Friday with some weekends and after hours required for awareness events or to meet the needs of survivors.
Compensation: $40,000 – $44,000/year, dependent on experience.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct crisis intervention services to victims of domestic violence.
- Provide peer counseling to victims of domestic violence.
- Provide telephone crisis counseling to victims of domestic violence.
- Provides emergency legal advocacy, criminal justice support, and assistance with injunctions.
- Provide court advocacy for victims of domestic violence.
- Provide financial empowerment and literacy services.
- Develop and manage service plan for each participant.
- Assist with filing for compensation claims which includes advising victims of the availability of crime victim compensation, assist in completing required forms; gathering needed documentation; etc.
- Create and maintain relationships with community partners.
- Participate in training to meet continuing education and certification requirements.
- Presentations and Education to the community
- Experience working with individuals in a crisis setting.
- Familiarity with local resources and agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but may substitute related work experience for education.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Presentation and public speaking skills.
- Good computer skills to include Microsoft Office and database entry.
- Interest in and commitment to Micah’s Place mission.
- Must pass a DCF Level 2 background check or qualify for a Level 2 Background exemption.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, proof of insurance and clean driving record.
- Must exhibit a positive, non-judgmental approach to survivor services.
- Must be physically mobile and able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, and lift up to 40 pounds with assistance.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the preferred qualifications to add incredible value to our team. Our participants come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, and you meet the minimum requirements of the position, we’d love to hear from you.
We provide in-depth training to ensure our team is prepared to work with our survivors and ongoing outside training to continually enhance professional growth. Our agency operates 24/7 – flexibility, weekends, and holidays are required.
This Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
For more information on Micah’s Place and our mission, visit: www.micahsplace.org
Please submit resumes and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.