Micah’s Place is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Fiscal Manager.
Core job responsibilities include: maintaining oversight of daily financial functions and forwarding the administrative and financial goals of the organization; assuring the high-quality financial and administrative functioning of the organization; preparing and processing cash disbursements and payroll; preparing for the annual financial audit; preparing and presenting financial reports, ensuring compliance with grant and contract rules and regulations, and developing and monitoring the organization’s budget.
Some remote work is possible.
- Maintain all agency accounting records in QuickBooks.
- Manage Accounts Payable transactions, including making payments and coding each payment by category and program.
- Classify all revenues by source, including the specification of any grant restrictions.
- Reconcile all accounts monthly.
- Produce monthly reports and provide other financial analysis for the ED, Finance Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Maintain accounting records for each grant/fund.
- Prepare periodic cash flow projections based on grant payments and anticipated expenditures
- Prepare individual grant surplus/deficit projections
- Work as a team member with other staff and volunteers to achieve the mission of the Center.
- Complete all relevant trainings and other tasks as required by the Domestic Violence Services Director.
- Maintain appropriate standards of confidentiality.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information with the utmost care and professionalism
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree required. Can be waived by the Executive Director.
- Preferred 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit financial administration
- Preferred experience with bill.com, clover and other software to streamline processes.
- Substantial experience with Quick Books Online or other comparable accounting software.
- Bookkeeping/accounting experience, preferably non-profit.
- Experience with payroll management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must pass a DCF Level 2 background check or qualify for a Level 2 Background exemption.
This Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Pay: Negotiable. Please indicate salary requirements with resume.
Please submit resumes and cover letter with salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.