Looking for a career that is flexible and closer to home? Come join our team! We are looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Domestic Violence/Mental Health Counselor.
The mission of Micah’s Place is to provide prevention and intervention services to victims of domestic violence, and to provide education within our community to effect change in behavior and attitudes relating to domestic violence.
This is a full-time salaried position. This position provides counseling services to survivors of domestic violence and will participate in service as a part of the Shelter, Outreach, and Child Advocacy programs.
• Crisis intervention and assessments of the survivor’s mental and emotional health needs and conditions.
• Advocate for survivors, initiating strategies that will guide them toward therapeutic solutions.
• Assist in providing a safe and therapeutic environment according to established policies and procedures.
• Complete documentation of case plan and services.
• Providing individual and group therapy to adults and children.
• Make professional evaluations, decisions, and recommendations for treatment planning and implementation.
• Participate in regular evaluation of program effectiveness and efficiency and works to ensure continuous improvements of quality of services.
• Collaborate with external psychiatric care providers as well as representatives from community assistance programs to assist survivors.
• Participate in additional tasks necessary to achieve program goals.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
• Assess and apply proper intervention strategies.
• Interact effectively with children and families from diverse cultural backgrounds
• Handle highly stressful, sensitive situations; preserve confidentiality and professional boundaries.
• Perform under strong demands in fast-paced, diverse, sometimes ambiguous environments.
• Perform at a high level of autonomy, with general supervision.
• Solve practical problems and document results using sound judgment.
• Multitask, while maintaining attention to detail, accuracy and quality, meeting deadlines.
• Be energetic, passionate, and adaptable with a deep commitment to social service, empathy for children and
families and a positive approach to embracing and managing change • Desire to assist survivors of domestic violence and willingness to learn
• Current practitioner license through the state’s clinical therapy board
• 3 years of experience in counseling or mental health services
• Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner.
• Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment.
• Interest in and commitment to Micah’s Place mission.
• Must pass a DCF Level 2 background check or qualify for a Level 2 Background exemption
• Master’s in Social Work or related Human Services field, from an accredited university, required
• Professional Florida License in Mental Health (LMHC) or Social Work LCSW
• Minimum of 3 years of Bachelor’s experience working with at-risk children and families, required; experience providing therapy to at-risk families, preferred.
Micah’s Place is an equal employment opportunity employer. We seek a broad and diverse pool of candidates and strongly believe that our organization benefits from the perspectives and talents of a diverse staff.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Salary – $55,000 – $60,000