Micah’s Place Holiday Program
Want to make a difference to domestic violence survivors and their children in need of help over the holidays? Adopt a child or participant from our Angel Tree! Individuals, families, community groups, and corporate teams are welcome to join us in bringing joy and comfort to what can be a daunting time for victims of abuse. Contact Laurie Teeters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-491-6364 x100 for information about how you can help!
How it works:
- Micah’s Place collects wish lists from participants and their families. If you would like to adopt a family or part of a family please contact Laurie at 904-491-6364 x100 or email email@example.com.
- Wish list items are also placed on Angel Trees at both of our Purple Dove Thrift stores for those that can’t adopt an entire family. “Adopters” (that’s you!) can grab an item from a tree beginning on November 8th; we do our best to give adopters a few weeks to shop for and deliver unwrapped gifts.
- Purchased gifts must be delivered to either Purple Dove locations on or by Monday, December 12, 2016! Our store hours of operation are Tuesday through Saturday from 10 am – 5 pm, however we have staff available to accept donations on Mondays during the same hours.
- We ask adopters to ensure that gifts are clearly labeled with the child or participant chosen, so we can ensure they get delivered to the appropriate individual.
- After receiving your gifts, we will confirm they are all present and accounted for, and connect them with your adopted participant in time to enjoy them for their special holiday!
Gift Delivery & Wrapping
- Gifts are delivered to Purple Dove 474311 E SR 200, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034 or Purple Dove 450061-5 SR 200, Callahan, FL 32011.
- We ask that you please bring your gifts unwrapped but feel free to provide wrapping paper for mom to wrap up the gifts for her children.
- Make sure to mark your calendar for December 12th and have your clearly labeled and bundled gifts delivered to Micah’s Place on or before Monday the 12th!
Here are a few other ways to amplify your impact over the holidays:
- Sponsor A Survivor: Support Micah’s Place clients with a fully tax deductible contribution and sponsor a survivor’s stay at our emergency shelter. The $100.00 you would have spent on gifts can give a survivor the greatest gift of all, a day and night of safety, support, and a road map to a life without abuse.
- Host A Drive: Help Micah’s Place support domestic violence survivors by hosting a holiday drive. Throughout the year, we provide over 225 welcome bags to victims of domestic violence and we’ll be collecting items such as full size shampoo and conditioner, brushes, toothpaste and toothbrushes and blankets. Gift cards in small denominations are always very useful. Check out our Wish List.
- Adopt a Holiday: Put together a basket of holiday treats, decorations and activities for the women and children in Micah’s Place shelter. You’ll give us the ability to provide our residents with a warm and festive atmosphere. A New Year’s Eve basket for example could include noise makers, popcorn, party hats, and gift cards for pizza. Check out what we need to make the holidays special at www.micahsplace.org or contact Laurie Teeters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-491-6364, extension 100.